Breaking into social media can be an overwhelming task if you don’t understand why your company needs it. Web design and social media is our business, so let us share a couple of thoughts from our own experience. Social media allows us to connect quickly with people and brands. Customers are forming relationships faster than ever and in many cases social media interactions have a direct impact on consumer buying choices, which has vastly changed the way the businesses are marketing. So you need to ask yourself: You’ve already invested in web design and development, but can your business afford NOT to be using social media?
The way we see it, participation in social media has a number of excellent business benefits. It can help you gain leads, offer customer support, promote your services and demonstrate leadership among your competitors. But most importantly, social media is an exceptionally valuable tool for increasing word-of-mouth for your business.
My recommendation to businesses is to do the following:
- Build a social media marketing plan and determine what you hope to achieve from your efforts
- Look at each social media outlet and determine which will be the most beneficial to your business and only take on one at a time (trying to take on too much too soon can be overwhelming)
- Remember that content is king! Post things that are interesting to your customer base and don’t be afraid to have fun with it. I live by the 80/20 Rule: 80% of your updates should provide value for your followers and 20% can be self-promotional. If you need some examples take a look at some of the client pages we’ve listed below
- Once you have established your account and posted some content, share your page with your employees and current customers to build your fan base
- Remember to interact with your fans. Typically you should respond to any questions or comments within 24 hours
Still don’t seem to understand social media or simply don’t think it’s important? Let’s take a look at the numbers.
Want to see what we do for client’s social media accounts? Click on these links below:
- Black Magic Car Care Facebook
- Black Magic Car Care Twitter
- Gumout Facebook
- Gumout Blog
- Thoughtprocess Interactive Facebook
- Thoughtprocess Interactive Twitter
- Thoughtprocess Interactive Pinterest
To learn more about what we do visit our website or contact us today… (We’re pretty good at it, if I do say so myself!)